Sharp pains after swallowing food?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello. I'm a 25 year old female. Ive been having an issue where when I eat certain foods a sharp pain rips through my esophagus and feels like the food is stuck in the esophagus at the entrance to the stomach. Ive never really had a lot of acid reflux. Only times when I'd fall asleep after eating..I have anxiety issues not sure if that has anything to do with it. But tonight I ate only a few bites of a burrito that happened to be kinda spicy and it felt like sharp pain went all the way down my esophagus and sharp pains keep going through. This happened last weekend with a banana I ate. Sharp pains for several hours. I make sure I eat slow and take small bites but sometimes I forget and the sharp feeling starts! Has anyone ever had this? It makes me scared to eat sometimes...could it be cancer?? I haven't been losing weight or having other pain....this has been going on for a year or so now...

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear from you. If you are feeling too much pain, I think you should visit the doctor ASAP.

Thanks.

• Posted

You probably  have an inflamed escophagus I'm currently suffering really bad with burning and pain all the way down don't eat any spices foods eat very plain  foods and drink only water And decaf drinks and eat soft foods like mashed potato fish boiled veg till it's soft that will help heal and you probably are having silent reflux try taking something for it 

• Posted

I get the pain after some food and its in one place. Like a stubbing or squeezing underneath my left breast just towards left. Doctors keep saying there is nothing sinister with me but im not healed and on meds and its been 2yrs.
    • Posted

Same goes me really  but I do get some times we're it's not so bad hsve you had an camra put down yet ?  

• Posted

Yes I had. Had many more tests. They want to discharge me back to GP.

I dont wish to be as not healed.

2 yrs ago i never had any issues with digeztive tract. I simply stop smoking and this kicked off.

• Posted

Today my esophagus feels like it's sore if that makes sense but I'm swallowing normally. I will be making an appointment soon...

• Posted

Please go to the doctor inmediately. I am not a doctor but this is hopefully not serious could be stress or an ulcer but you really need to see you doctor today about it. Good luck keep well and strong.
  • Posted

You need to have an endescopies that will show how inflamed your oesaphagus is and other digestive issues along side that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.