Sharp pains through heart

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have a follow up appointment this tuesday with Gp i had a ct heart scan which showed calcified arteries ( calcium level 263) They advice an invasive angio if im still expeirance chest pain( thats how it got discovered) but i wondering if these "sharp" pains are my heart or trapped wind ?? is this the kind of pain angina would give This is not the same pain as when i went to hospital So i just dont know if this is heart related ? any ideas

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You will not know until you have an angiogram. Years apart I had two stress ECG's and a stress echocardiogram that indicated partially blocked arteries. Each time it was a "false positive" and my arteries were clear.

There is now a CT angiogram that is not invasive.

CT angiography uses a CT scanner to produce detailed images of both blood vessels and tissues in various parts of the body. An iodine-rich contrast material (dye) is usually injected through a small catheter placed in a vein of the arm.

• Posted

yes ive had the ct angiogram thats how they found the calcium . so now i have to have the traditional angiogramas they need to see if any arteries need stents. BUT i only need this apparently if im still having heart pain ! but i dont know if these are heart pain s lol

• Posted

Did your type of CT not show if your arteries are clear

• Posted

it showed calcification and gives a figure ( in my case 263) but it doesnt apparently show the extent in each artery . im not sure how /why that is So the only way to be completly clear is by an angiogram using the traditional "through the groin or wrist"

• Posted

Have you had one before? Get an expert and its over before you know it. Nowadays it is mainly through the wrist and is much easier for the patient.

With my one through the groin he was fiddling away getting the catheter in and turned away to a bench at the other side of the lab.

After a while I called out to him When are you going to do it. He replied 'It's done, I'm watching the action replay" and turned the monitor towards me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.