Sharp pains, unknown cause

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello everyone,

ive been in & out of the doctors & hospital for just under a year, including a 3 day stay in the hospital last august. I used to be a heavy cocaine user & ended up in the ER due to a laced bag. while in the hospital it was discovered that i had an air pocket in my chest as well as aspiration pneumonia. after being released I was still experiencing chest pains and eventually went to a cardiologist. i have stopped using cocaine & my blood pressure is normal, all xrays & ct scans were negative. ekg & echocardiogram were also negative, & i did well during my stress test & have since been cleared to go back to a normal life. however my symptoms keep coming back. sharp random chest pains on my left side. I DO HAVE ANXIETY & have been prescribed medication but i know what my anxiety feels like and this is NOT IT. doctors say im fine but im still in pain & worried that something else might be wrong. ANY HELP!???

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You could have pleurisy, have you tried taking some anti inflammatory tablets like ibuprofen or you can ask for some stronger ones on prescription. If that doesn't help or makes it worse it could be a stomach problem like acid reflux in which case you will need some acid reducing tablets. Does eating or not eating affect the pain? Where in your chest is the pain? Is it like a stabbing pain or a pain going across your chest to the armpit?

• Posted

this is the same type of pains i have.

sharp stabbing pains over the heart, completely random and come and go.

ive seen numerous drs about it, been told its anxiety many times but like you i find it hard to believe that anxiety can cause pains this bad. ive been suffering with them for 3/4 years now with no answers.

• Posted

Look up costeocondritis and teretz syndrome but only if like you, you have had all the cardiac tests and they have come back normal this way you can start to rule out other conditions that cause chest pain.

Remember that posture can also cause intermittent chest pain caused by something as simple as using your computer for too long

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.