Sharp pains with deep breaths on left side and tender ribs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Here's what Ive had in the last few weeks:

-tender to the touch ribs on left side under left breast that extends around to the left side of my back

-Gnawing upper back pain (slightly above bra strap line) on my left side that subsides when I lay down to sleep at night, but usually returns some time after waking up.

-random sharp chest pains under my left breast and at times in my upper chest to the left of my sternum when I take a deep breath. It usually only lasts a few breath cycles. Seems aggravated by positioning. I can hunch my shoulders forward and lean over a bit and the pain subsides. Ive also noticed it happens when I lay on my stomach and put pressure on my chest.

-Feeling of a grip around my chest that makes it hard to breathe deep at times. That also comes and goes...

-Acheyness noted in the spots where the sharp pains occured for a short while after.

Before anyone asks...cardio has been ruled out. Does this sound like Costo to any of you suffering with it? This all came on very random for me.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

This sounds so much like costo - -you pretty much have all the same symptoms as me - I get breathless sometimes to but I think that might be allergies.Dr told me if you can push on the rib or parts of the back that are sore and it hurts the odds are its costo. I find if I hunch over it stretches it a bit and that sometimes helps, but mainly for me it's no heavy lifting at all, ice and heat (alternating). Any core work I try to do will aggravate it , and lifting of weights. I was however told by my dr. to try light weights which may strengthen the area - but everytime I do it hurts and then I stop doing them.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.