Sharp, tightening pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm confused as to what this might be..

When im lying down or sitting and get up abruptly or just a little fast I get a really sharp pain around what i suppose is my heart or just the left side of my chest. Everything then starts to tighten up and i have to completely stop and breathe it out or just wait until the pain goes.. i cant inch forward or it tightens more or lie back down.

I dont think its anxiety i used to suffer from chest pain from that before and its nothing like that. It's not heart burn or anything, it feels like its actually my heart.

Anyone else ever experienced this? am i overthinking it?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Get yourself to the doctors because chest pain needs investigation with answers you know are correct, could just be muscular which I'm sure it probably will be as it's on movement but no one can tell you on an Internet forum without you first getting diagnosis then you can get advice on how to deal with it

• Posted

Look up pericarditis and see if the symptoms sound similar. It may even be lung related like pleurisy. You need to get some tests like ECG, echocardiogram and a chest Xray. If everything seems ok with your heart look into issues regarding your lungs. It may even be an injury to your chest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.