shattered Ankle a year ago and still can't walk correctly

Posted , 7 users are following.

Last May of 2015 I shattered my ankle in 3 places. O couldn't walk for 8 months The Doctor Who did the surgery which he put a rod and 4 screws In told me everything is fine. I disagree and went for a second opinion which that doctor told me I have ostyeomilites threw a bone scan.. He referred me to a different doctor bcs he's not qualified to deal with infections such as this. The new doctor did a CT scan and is now saying I have a displaced fragment and that it has caused post traumatic arthritis to set in and that it's gone so far he believes no surgery will help me so he suggested sytmtomac treatment....ugh I can't live like this anymore I can barely walk and have a five year old

I'm loosing all hope. I hate my life anymore. I can't even play with my son and I don't know what to do anymore. I'm terrified sad

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hello and sorry to hear you are doing do awfully.

To start with: Do not give up, and do not let life go.

We are humans and we have evolved thanks to our adaptability capacities, no matter how horrible or dark you can see the tunnel I assure you there is light at the end.

You need to start rethinking your life habits, from eating, to exercise to ensure your day lifestyle is adapted  to your new circumstances. You can always try to get another opinion. 

I had many (I can't stop repeating: Many) Individuals come and tell me that they were told Bone fusions and a replacement was the same thing as reconstruction when in fact is not even close. I know this is not your case, but I was just trying to bring a point: Doctors are humans, and as such they can accidentally and unmaliciously give the wrong diagnosis.

Arthritis does not (as yet) have an official nor a medical cure, But can be slow down and sometimes the slowing method can equal to pausing the advance of such decease.

Just be strong and do not lose hope, mainly because you do have for who to live and fight.

• Posted

Hi Mego

Don't be downhearted. Get a private appointment at Wrightington Hospital near Wigan UK with a Dr Michael Kioski and he will resolve all your problems. He also works for the NHS.

Good luck

Mr Ankle

• Posted

Meg hang in there. Life than s precious. You nay have to adapt. I have had to. Find things you can do , and push aside what you can't.

GamesPs4 with your son. Go to beach- you can't run, or walk properly, neither can I , but can watch your child, as can I. Smell the sea air.

Get another opinion. Go to a Physio.

ASAP go to a social worker or counsellor to make a positive plan forward. Your child loves you for who you are. I'm sure you have masses to offer him.

Broken bones affect us ALL Mentally and physically . My husband has a broken wrist still healing 7 months later. My snapped fibula was misdiagnosed as a sprain. 8 months later , plus 6 screws, plate and a bone graft, I am struggling.

My good leg has fallen to bits due to carrying the load.

Get help now, please. Your boy needs you. He loves you unconditionally.

@(*+*)@

• Posted

Hi Mego

Don't lose heart love you have done the 8 months now & it's behind you. It's all to play for now your improvement is there in front of you. You WILL get better. Take it one day at a time & one day you will realise how far you have come.

Patience seems be the lesson we have to learn from this injury and many of us didn't have much/any before this happened to us especially me. Plus learning to cope with the fear that we have to overcome with this.

Try to stay strong love, you will get there and you are not alone xxx

• Posted

Hang in there. Your son needs you. He will learn from you how to handle adversity and all of us will face it sooner or later in life. If you really think about it, as hard as this can be to go through, and it's very hard, this is not the BIG stuff. If you think about it in relative terms, this is a very big temporary inconvenience. You will make it and your son will be so proud of you!
  • Posted

dear, collect courage...do not be terrified, ... when i was there, i saw my classmates running playing... i used to feel v bad. even now i do not do it ... You will be fine, eat well and take enough rest and follow a healthy routine... as far as .. playing with son is concerned.. you may play indoor games with him or teach him narrate him stories, play games with him and also explain the reason in some way .. why you are not able to play outdoors with him... for me only hope, courage and prayers worked and hope it will work for you too. take care hmm..
  • Posted

Hi Mego

Try to get a grip of yourself and start thinking positively about your problem. With your current mindset nothing positive can be resolved.Help is always there if you want to help yourself.

Good luck

Mr Ankle

• Posted

I wrote a long message under the comments and I'm not trying to be mean but this comment is a bit harsh for me. I have reasons why I am the way I am. Please read the message I have wrote. Alot more then just this ankle situation has happened to me. Please read the message so maybe u can better understand my depression...thank you so much!!
    • Posted

Your so intent was well meaning, but a little blunt. On a bad day Id struggle with that. :+(
  • Posted

I want to say thank you for all your encouraging words. I did decide to take matters into my own hands and I can't believe the outcome smile I took myself off the pain meds I've been on for a year and yes it was super rough but I made it through and i feel better just from that. I also started using a medicine that is used on horses called veterinary liniment ( yes I know that sounds crazy but honestly it has worked wonders) I will use this over any pill ever again. I do understand that I will get through this but maybe if you know a bit of my back ground you can possibly understand my anxiety and depression over this mess. Before this ankle situation I was in 3 car accidents ( none my fault) which one I had to have rotator cuff surgery from (from being hit at 55 miles an hour) so that put me down for a couple months. Before the car accident I had surgery for cervical cancer and before that my daughter passed away. It's been a big ball of mess sad. Either way I have become my own advocate on this ankle situation and the outcome so far is unbelievabley awesome. I now have hope that I can run and play with my son soon someday smile thank you again for all you encouraging words smile I'm working really hard to stay positive, sometimes easier said then done when alot of bad things happen one after another. It's important to me I play with my child I didn't get that option with my daughter and never will so I will make sure I get there smile
    • Posted

Wow. So pleased. We all joined a club we didn't ask to join. Accident club. Mental anguish and anxiety goes with it hand in hell.

You sound as if you've been to hell and back in a teacup.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You've got a son whose mother loves him to bits.

Like my girl. Hard at times. Minute by minute at times. Hour by hour. Day by day.

©{°×°}©

• Posted

Good for you Mego! So glad to hear that.  I have learned through this process that you never fully understand what someone is going through, until you go through something similar yourself and you have been through so very much. You have everything to live for with that son of yours. And it is important to remember that he has been through a lot too. He doesn't need mommy to be perfect, as much as you want to be there for him. He just needs your love and attention in any way you can give it to him. Don't ever feel worried about asking for help when you feel low. Sometimes just one person can make all the difference to get us through the low points. Sometimes we need a place to go to when we feel sad or worried and hopefully this can be that safe place. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.