Shaving?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was recently told I have herpes but I want to shave so bad because my pubic hairs are making it more painful! But I'm scared to death to shave because I still have fresh sores. What do I do?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Dont shave at all ... wait till sores are completely gone. Infact i would wait another week after that.

If you shave now changes are you will spread the sores

• Posted

Okay that's what I was afraid of! Eeeee. My hair is always shaved so this is going to be rough
  • Posted

I don't know if you are on your first outbreak or what ?

I guess it differs for different people .

I would have a mild reoccurennce or something and I would still shave I really haven't had any issues .

I agree the hair can make the sores even more itchy !!

• Posted

Yes first outbreak! This all just started on Tuesday. It got unbearable by Saturday so went to the ER. They prescribed me Hydrocodone for the pain and Zovirax for the Herpes. Today I think I started my period cuz Iv been bleeding. I woke up in the middle of the night with blood everywhere and when I got up to clean myself I got very nauseous. So I'm having to wear a pad because of the bleeding & my pubic hairs poking my sores. Iv been take 2 baths a day for relief.
    • Posted

When having a bath put some salt in it ... it really help numb the pain to
    • Posted

I had ready to use baking soda but my doctor said no it will make it worse but what kind of salt? Epsolm salt?
    • Posted

Yes a Epsolm salt

Half a bath use about a quater of a small cup... maybe less.. try with small amounts first

• Posted

Infact i wax these days had no problems with it

But like the comment above everbody is different

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I know it can be more painful but I would wait until your sores are completely gone before you shave as this could actually cause another outbreak.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.