Shaving leg, ankle after surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi daft question but any ladies out there shaved there leg, ankle after surgery, how long after, I have shaved my leg but not on the scar, just the thought of doing it, had surgery 15 Jan, walking now not aided but stiff and sore still haven't started pt yet Doctor not impressed

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lorraine, I shaved my leg a week after the removal of stitches as it was the first time I could have a shower or a bath! Good luck with walking etc. I didn't have to shave my ankle! Anna

• Posted

Thank you, the scar is down the side above and down to my ankle done a couple of inches long, I'll be brave

• Posted

I don't have particularly hairy legs but did notice an increased growth around the wound after my knee replacement. Doc says it is usual and will disappear in time and was due to increased blood flow due to circulation and protection ! How true that is I don't know but as long as you don't have an open wound, a lumpy or bumpy scar and are careful - as the scar tissue will feel numb and you may not notice if you are too heavy handed - you should be ok...best use an electric type lady shave though as a razor may be too harsh for it. I know many people who have exerience this hairy phenomenom......especially after a plaster cast is removed from legs....very hairiy affair going on under there ! AND better start your physio...you wont ever repair in a good way if you don't do it no matter how painful it is - it will surely give you better mobility and aid your recovery....so get the shaver out and get on with that exercise (take some pain relief about 1/2 hour before your physio - it will take the edge off.......lol....good luck anyway x

• Posted

Thank you, I'll give it a go, I haven't started pt yet as the hospital only had me booked in for 15 May I had my check up on Wednesday and the doctor wasn't impressed he has made me appointment at a different hospital for Monday I am doing bits myself but wasn't sure if I'm doing right, take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.