Shaz

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all just had hysterectomy Friday there home today cant stop crying dont know if its now menopause im 54 years old feel so emotional xx

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shaz, I can’t comment on if it’s the menopause but it could be the general anaesthetic wearing off? I felt so low for a week or so afterwards xx hugs, I hope you feel better soon ♥️.
  • Posted

Aww sharon i was the same i think its just all your hormones and stress of surgery it does it better. Xx
  • Posted

Hi Shaz! I had a hysterectomy and prolapse repair 3 and a half weeks ago....I wasn't planned a hysterectomy but I had been warned that should there be any extra issues during the prolapse repair I might need a hysterectomy too....So I wasn't expecting to wake up without a womb... Especially as my doctor told me before the OP that she probably wouldn't be doing it. I haven't had a chance to speak with her since so I'm not quite sure why it had to be done,I expect I will find out next month when I have my post op......Anyway, what I mean to say is that,yes,it is shocking to wake up and find that a part of you ,that was so important,is now not there. I think the first two weeks I just couldn't get my head round it,I felt like a barron person...Even though I'm 50years old and I have had four children....It's a big op,I can totally understand you crying,it's alot to go through. I have never had any signs of the menopause so I can't comment if your feeling are down to this. I certainly felt down,but I am ok about it now. I really hope for you that it's just early days and that you'll feel better as the days go by. You have to take it real easy,I think I tried too hard the first week and paid for it,I am now a reluctant coach potato! Good luck with your recovery xxx

• Posted

Thank you so much blooming tiny tears lol xx
  • Posted

Hi I I had I had mine done in august and still get emotional over stupid things it does get easier someone said it's your bodies way of coping hopefully you will feel better soon take things easy and let others run around after you lots take care x

• Posted

Hello Sharon.. firstly welcome to the club. Not the best club but hey we're here together. 

My darling I'm 2.5 weeks home and yep the tears are pretty  bad and they will be for a couple days at least. You have been through allot ! So allow yourself to have the tears ... sometimes I know I actually feel a little bit better. 

I'm 37 😔.. but on the up side I'm nearly 3 weeks passed & I feel less like tears and more giving out, that can only be a good sign 😉 It's all crap my lovely but its getting better. 

Del xx 

• Posted

I cried nearly all day on about day three, just couldn't stop the tears flowing! Relax and let them 😢

I went through another weepy stage at about five weeks, you've been through so much,  it's a tough journey but you will get there. 

Talk, share, relax and ask as many questions as you need to. 

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.