Shea butter, Rose Water

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I know a lot of peopke use coconut oil but aI was wondering if anyone has tried using Shea Butter or Rose Water to keep the skin softened and if so, was it helpful. I've also heard that bio-oil is rumored to help reduce scarring. Has anyone ever tried it?

Lisa

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It would all depend on the 'characteristics' of Shea Butter and Rose Water.  Do you know what healing 'elements' is in them? 
    • Posted

Well, there are a lot of websites singing the virtues of rose water and shea butter. Rose Water caught my eye because I use it as a homemade toner and face spritzer. However I've since read that it is good at maintaing the ph balance of the skin, has antibacterial properties, and inceases blood flow to the skin. I don't know if any of this true. Same as Shea Butter, it aparently has lots of healing properties. I use it on sunburns because I am allergic to aloe.
  • Posted

So, I've decided to make myself a guinea pig and will try rose water.

First formula: 1/4 oz rose water + 1 3/4 oz water in spray bottle

First use: after using washroom, cleaning and blow dry.

Immediate Observation: Feel cleaner and fresher than I have since diagnoses.

Will update again in a week.

• Posted

Ok, so I'm not waiting a week. After a full day I believe the skin feels more supple. Downside is that it has been tingling and a little 'burny' all day. I am discontinuing this experiment.

My shea butter has expired. Will experiment with that once I obtain more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.