sheart racing at night then waking early hours cant sleep.

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all  i went up a estrogen patch from 50 to a 75 but i ended up cutting a bit off as it made me feel like i was havi g bad pms and shakes. but still even thoe im not putting the full patch on im not right i feel unbalanced homonaly. iv started to sweat more again and feeling tierd. but at night especialy last night my hear was beating fast and did it for hours i felt like i was going to die or something. i managed to go sleep but then woke up with like a cramp feeling in my stomach and chest heart still racing finaly it carmed down but then i woke up at 4 and just couldnt go back to sleep. i juts dont know what to do with the patch feel rubish.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Talk  doctor about the patch. You may need to take a pill instead. I'm assuming you're taking estrogen only because you've had a hysterectomy? My sister was on Estrace (pill) she really liked it. She said it made her feel like her old self again. But they will only allow you to be on HRT for five years and she actually cried when she had to get off it. I was on the Combipatch (combo of estrogen and progesterone) for a total of nine months. The first time I was on it for three months and after two weeks I started having a light period and this continued for three months. I called the doctor's office but the nurse kept telling me to stay on it, never would let me speak to my gyno. I starting cutting it in half and that did stop the bleeding When I went in for my annual exam and told him what was happening, he said "oh you can get off that". I know that the doctors don't like to talk to patients because they would not have time to see patients if they did. But I also think these nurses should not be giving out advice without consulting with the doctor. She had no right to tell me to keep using the patch.

Now the next time I was on HRT it was for six months. It was the Combipatch, but it made me feel tired, my hair became very brittle and started to fall out, and it started to bother my fibroids. I got off it and never looked back.

But every one is different, you just may need an different brand. But do speak with your doctor, not the nurse, even you have to make an appointment to go in and see him/her.

• Posted

hi D,

I get the heart racing too and it is very unnerving to say the least. I am not on any kind of hormone therapy because after extensive research and countless talks with my dr, we decided against it. for me the risks far outway the benefits, but that's just me. not everyone feels the same and that's ok too! hang in there and know you are not alone. hugs to you hun🙂

• Posted

hi i havnt had a hysterectomy i dont know why i was told to just take estrogen patch but they told me to take norethisteron to which is progesterone. i to used to be on the combi patch for several months but it made me bleed all the time to it started from the second week on them but dr told me to keep going it would settle but it never did it got so bad i could not leave the house. so another dr gave me norethisterone to take and it stoped it then i went to see a gynacologist she said to make an apointment to have a coil put in with dr and to take just estrogen patch and take norethisterone pill till coil was in then tail off it. but a few weeks back i finaly was called in to drs for the coil to be fitted and they couldnt get the stupid thing in said i was ti tight in cervix cos of meno i duno. so that was that im still on norethisterone and patch but she uped the patch to 75 but i started to feel proper rubish so cut it but still feel rubish. im fed up. iv been asleep most of day and i got up at ten. my heart started up again earlyer. iv got terrible heart burn to. iv got an apointment with gynacologist on september 4 so i duno what will be happening next.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.