Shellfish off the menu!!!!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone tried to have prawns or indeed any shellfish while on the tablets.

I love this sort of food and don't know if I could completely do without them :cry:

I always believed shellfish to be low calorie and low fat, if they aren't its no wonder I'm the weight I am :?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don`t like seafood much Twinkly so I can`t help u there.

( fish and chips out the chippy is my whack.... :lol: )

• Posted

HIYA

You should be fine with shellfish so long as you dont have them in high fat sauces, i eat alot of prawns etc just as they come but if i want some in a sarnie or salad i add a weightwatcher seafood sauce or very low fat mayo

You wont really know until you try but most fish and shellfish are low fat and how you cook and what you eat them with is the issue.

Good luck Alicat

• Posted

I thought it must be the sauces used, but the nurse said it wasn't. thank goodness , now I can happily give em a go :D
  • Posted

Hey Twinkly,

I'm the same LOVE KING PRAWNS :!: I only buy them when on offer though as soo expensive. But Alicat's right they are practically zero fat on their own and even if you do have the seafood sauce if you don't put any spread on your butty and use the sauce sparingly :shock: (I know that's a swear word!!) it should be fine ENJOY :!: :D

TTFN Kal :wink:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.