shepherds pie

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all, hope you are all well and happy i am not lol yday i made shepherds pie for me and my kids....for me never again........ive been ill from early hours,loads orange oil,cramps going loo :oops: :cry: sad i feel really awful.now i know ull all be thinking i didnt get rid of the fat in mince lol but i did drained it all went round pan mopping up fat had no milk or butter or cheese in topping.so why? didnt have a massive portion either! guess it must be same as sum u guys have reaction to eggs and salmon i dont to salmon but never as yet tried egg lol due to stories ive read.so im feeling like crap pardon the pun dunno wot eat today to calm my stomach and backside lol...maybe too much info! :oops:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You poor thing! I seem to be ok with shepherds pie. did you use lamb or beef mince? I use beef mince that is 5g or less from tesco.

Hope you feel ok soon

KJ

• Posted

I'm glad you said you use Beef mince. I've been avoiding it as I thought it might be too fatty.

Will give it a whirl!

Cheers

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

Just a thought but have you tried quorn mince, its really low in fat and I make shepherds pie quite a bit for me and my partner and I don't think he can tell the difference !

Might just stop the cramps :!:

• Posted

thanks for your help everyone, i used beef but im still suffering a day later tho its calmed alot so i think me and shepherds pie will be parting company lol
  • Posted

hi, i had horrible expereiences with mince, untill i boiled it first to brown it, instead of frying, now im totally fine, and as mince is a staple for so many recipes maybe you should try it. It tastes exactly the same once sauce is on it say for spag bog, or herbs etc for shep pie. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.