Shifting in my head

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 29 years old. Male.

I have developed some strange symptoms over the last year or so and was wondering if an MRI would help.

here we go

I have dealt with lower back pain and pain at the base of my neck for a while now, but i cant seem to remember ever hurting myself. this has been happening for 2 years if i remember correctly. I remember seeing a doctor because the pain got so bad i could barely stand at one point. The reason this is specific is because when this started happening 2 years ago, there were times where i lost control of my bladder. I saw a doctor about this and he prescribed me with antibiotics. He had no idea what the problem was, and told me that if i wanted to, i could take the meds anyway and see if they helped. I ended up taking the meds and haven't had any strange bladder activity since.  The neck and back pain have remained.

I have just recently had blood work done, and everything was perfect according to my doctor.

about a month ago i started having spasms in my left arm ( my hand would tense up and my entire arm would go numb afterwards). There was only one "episode" where i had to lay down and it was hard to form words if that makes any sense. I was extremely emotional at the time as well. It was as if my brain was on a loop and i just couldn't form a thought of any kind. After this happened I remember feeling completely drained.

I went to the hospital after this episode and they did...... nothing! he told me to take Advil. I don't think he believed my story?

Ive noticed that I also feel tired all the time, regardless of how much sleep I get or how much coffee i consume. sluggish i guess is the term i would use.

I drink lots of water, and my diet is awesome. I eat tons of vegetables and fruit. I avoid processed factory foods like frozen pizzas and things of the sort. i am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. I do cheat once in a while.

shortly after the spasms I stared to develop pain in my right thigh. the pain in my thigh has gotten better, but i seem to be walking with a slight limp if that makes any sense. some days it is better than others.

I have never had a broken bone or any major injuries. EVER.

the spasms have gone away since 2 weeks ago. although sometimes my hands and feet will randomly go numb while doing basic daily chores.

This is where it gets weird. About 2 weeks ago I started having a strange shift-like sensation in my head behind my eyes. more so on the left side. The feeling is followed by a sound that is very hard to describe. Its almost like that sound you hear when a tube TV has been turned on. the feeling is accompanied by dizziness and nausea and i feel tired. There is also a ringing in my ear constantly from when i wake up, to the time i go to bed.

I keep hearing that i am perfectly healthy from all of these doctors. But i don't think that a perfectly healthy person goes through these things. I do not feel healthy, I feel like something is wrong.

I am not on, or ever have been on any sort of medication. nothing.

I have an excellent family doctor now, and i am going to see him about these issues.

Is there a chance that all of these things happening to me over the last 2 years are somehow connected?

what kinds of things should i ask my doctor about?

Can i request an MRI? I would like to just get the MRI done and rule out any possible brain stuff.

Thanks for reading

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've had loads of similar stuff going on too (since September). Been to the doctor so many times and told so many things, one said migraine another said Labrynthitis, tension headaches and even anxiety!! Blood pressure was very high too so I was put on meds for that but I still had all these things going on. Anyway back to doctor a few weeks ago (a new one at out surgery) and she said I needed a neck xray, so I went that afternoon and it turns out I have slippage in my neck along with severe osteoarthritis in it too.

I'm under rheumatology (for PsA) so waiting for them to see me.

The doctor said my neck problems are whats causing the headaches, nausea, dizziness. arm problems, so worth looking into.

Good luck and I hope you get some answers.

• Posted

You should request an MRI of the head and lumbar spine! This is truly abnormal! Do not let the doctor's dismiss you any longer! These days, patients have to advocate for themselves or it's easy to be dismissed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.