Shifting your sleep rhythm by a couple of hours.

Posted , 2 users are following.

If someone was to shift their sleep/daily rhythm over the course of about a year by 1-2 hours forward, would there be any adverse effects on their health?

By shifting daily rhythm i mean shifting everything - going to sleep a couple of hours later, waking up a couple of hours later, eating a couple of hours later, having lights on a couple of hours later.

This is for a discourse between family members - i'm the one who shifted their sleep 2 hours later, and i feel fine as ever, waking up well rested and all. I get a healthy 8 hours of sleep, going to bed at around 1am, and waking up at 9.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Try install apps like twilight to switch your phone to block blue light and see if it helps. You can install apps like Twilight and set your mobile phone to block blue light few hours before bed. You could also try not to look at digital devices 1 to 2 hours before bed. It does disrupt your sleep. You might want to try get a pair of block blue light and wear it few hours before bed. It helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.