Shin bone facture

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I underwent a surgery couple of days back for a major fracture. The doctor have placed a rod right from the knee till the ankle to fix the broken bone. am not sure how many days it will be before I can walk without the help of a walker.

It's been a 40 days now, the swelling is still there especially in the ankle. Feels like a big hard lump in the knee and ankle.

Can anyone please suggest ways through which I can hasten the healing process? Any supplements or specific food items? Any exercises?

Thanks in advance for all the inputs!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If you had surgery just a couple of days ago you need to rest and continue using your walker when you need to get up.  Keep your leg elevated as much as possible, eat well and balanced, take any medication from your doctor or at least something like aspirin.  No exercises on that fractured side yet.  Healing takes time don't rush and injure yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.