Shingdrix vaccine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello from MRSATD,

Today I received my first dose of the shingdrix vaccine and am scheduled to get the second dose in January 2019. Can anyone who has completed the vaccination process and has had recurgent herpes zoster please tell me if this vaccine e has positive results. I would really appreciate your input.

Thank you, MRSATD

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i have had both shots and what i can tell about me, keep in mind everyone is different, my cases have gotten better and fewer the shot did help but i still break out. i have a lot of stress in my life and i had about 15 sick days a month before the vaccine and now i have about 30 days or so without an outbreak. when i do become sick, its not nearly as severe.

i wish you luck! its an awful virus.

• Posted

8 years ago i had the ZOSTAVAX immunizatiom... it helped prevent recurrant BREAKOUTS and nerve issues. also updated with the shingrex and same out come. this one is better than the older one and does not lose its effectivness like zostavax.very happy with both.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.