Shingles?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had mild shingles just over a year ago on my left hip. Got on an antiviral right away and was better within two weeks. This morning I started feeling a sensation just like shingles sensitivity on the inside of my right knee down my inner calf. I am now feeling pain in my right foot and it feels like it's going to sleep if I don't move it for awhile. I have no rash.... yet, but the pain is becoming worse with every hour. I can barely stand the feeling of my jeans on my skin down the inside of my lower leg. The foot pain isn't a sensitivity thing, the bottom of my foot just hurts every time I step down on it. Could I be going for a shingles round 2? Or could it be something else entirely?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

YES it can be shingles! Contact your doctor or get to a walk-in clinic  right away. If you've had shingles, you know what it feels like. You can have it without any rash at all or you may get just a tiny rash several days from now. That's what happened to me so I missed getting diagnosed. Don't let us determine, find a qualified medical professional. Shingles can occur multiple times, but it will follow a nerve path. It may what's happening.

• Posted

You know your body and you know how you felt last time. If it is similar, I would bet on shingles. I second guessed myself several times because I was told I could not get it more than once! Every time my feeling like it was the same pain and General symptoms was always right.  Take care of yourself and be your best advocate. I pray for healing and wisdom for you❤
  • Posted

Hi Susan the only way you can know for sure is to see a professional doctor. Although I did hear that the shingles can return "STRESS" is a strong factor. So if your under alot of stress this will aggravate it.

So if I were you I'd go to the doctor as soon as I can b/c as you know, the faster you get treatment the better the future outcome. Hope this advice is of some help to you Susan.

Keep us posted ok.....

• Posted

Susan,

Did you go seek medical care?

If it waddle like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's Shingles!

BEST WISHES

MERRY JULIANA

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.