Shingles - 1 week in; when can I race?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm one week into getting the rash on my stomach; started with severe back pain, rash came out approximately 3 days again and ended up going to ER 3 days after rash appeared. I have Psoriatic Arthritis so just assumed it's a breakout of psoriasis originally (stupid me). Anyway, for me every day has been different. Some days are great, other days I have shooting pains all over my body. I'm a runner, pretty competitive locally and I have a race coming up in 8 days. The race is literally 2 weeks and 2 days from when the rash appeared.

Question I have is whether it would be safe to race this far into getting the rash?

• I have been running since it came out and all runs have been fine except for one hard workout, where the day after I was pretty much spent and hurting all over. Running for the next week should be relatively light.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.