Shingles

Posted , 2 users are following.

Diagnosed 3 days ago with Shingles. I'm a week and a half in post op level 2 discectomy and fusion. I was prescribed Zovirax cream and pills. I waited to talk to my surgeon about taking the pills so I just started them yesterday morning. I've been jumping in shower and using apple cider vinegar to help ease the itching. I started with a little headache in my temple. I kept thinking everything was from surgery I had. Waking up sweating multiple times throughout the night and day. I went to eye doctor today and so far so good. I go back in two weeks. I'm already on pain meds from the surgery. I was just going to start weaning myself off pain meds when this happened. But it's in my scalp, my face, my glands or lymph nodes are swollen around my ear. This is worse pain than surgery!!! Sorta

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I really do sympathise!! I had it in the same place at trhe end of march last year, it affected my right eye and I had countless visits to the eye clinic, I still go every few months and my eye still itches every day at some point,  keeping busy does helpt to take my minid off it, and I am grateful that I have no vision problems and it is all fine. Unfortunately the face is the worst place to get shingles, I hope that you will feel better soon, I have no pain at all now but it does take a while to get completely well, make sure you get plenty of rest too. Good luck
    • Posted

I just slept for almost 24 hours. Wake up take Benadryl and medicine and went back to sleep. It really sucks because I just had this surgery to relieve the nerve pain in my arm and no more pain down my arm, but this face thing is crazy. So far I'm not itchy today. My lymph nodes around my ear did get more swollen, but I'm supposing they are working overtime to rid my body of this stupid shingle thingy!!

• Posted

I hope you recover soon, I know how horrid it is!

best of luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.