Shingles

Posted , 4 users are following.

Too anyone on here suffering from long term shingles. I did an extensive blood panel and the reason for it , is because all along my white blood cell count is too low...if u have shingles often its usually because of an underlieing problem

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi dana

It is an interesting concept that you have, in relation to long term Shingles, PHN.

As a long term sufferer I am interested in your theory, and wondering how you overcame the low white blood cell blood problem.

Regards, Ray

• Posted

Hi ....I had shingles two years ago haven’t really recovered from it. Last year they did a full blood count and found my lymphocytes were raised. I understand that this can happen if you have a virus or a bacterial infection. So they have been monitoring me for the past year taking bloods every two months, sometimes it’s stable but now it has risen again. They are concerned that I have CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Or is it Lymphatic Leukaemia) which would explain why I keep getting infections of one sort or another. I’ve been advised to stay away from sick people incase I pick up something else. That’s not an easy thing to do when you have to visit surgeries and hospitals. Just thought I’d say and apparently there are people walking around with CLL and they don’t even know that they have it until they get an infection of some sort and it’s picked up then. I’d advise anyone who has been having repeated infections because of a compromised immune system to ask for a FBC from their GP. My understanding of CLL is it’s a very slow progressing illness that may or may not get worse. So if you’ve been having repeated infections Shingles, UTIs etc I’d ask for a FBC.

• Posted

Thanks Catherine. I have had this test done and it was clear. The only thing that became apparent from the testing was a mild vitamin D deficiency. I am taking a vitamin D supplement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.