Shingles

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have shingles for almost 2 weeks and it's healing well but I have numbness on my stomach and side where shingles is, is the numbness natural when it's healing?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had shingles on right side of my face back in July last year. From scalp down to eye and along side of nose, lip and inside mouth...also along a different route..temple down. Nearly 10 mths on and I still have numb areas which I am hoping will eventually go having read it can take up to 12-18mths. Unfortunately I got PHN which I also still have so I presume that and the numbness go together. Hopefully your numbness will go much sooner. Good luck.
  • Posted

Dear Kenneth,

I am sorry you have been going through this. Yes, numbness can occur, although the nerves can regenerate over time.

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Hi Kenneth, I had shingles last July. They wrapped from my back to lower stomach and my thigh. I had swelling and numbness in both my abdomen and my thigh. I now have PHN and numbness and off and on burning in my thigh . It is slowly getting better and hoping it will return to normal soon. As you read through this forum you will find that the shingles virus affects everyone different. It seems that what is normal for one person

It is totally opposite for another. Wishing you well soon and a speedy recovery..

• Posted

Hello Kenneth 

Yes it’s normal and after the rash heals some people still get the pain and itch!  Nerve pain can last long and even years!  Not everyone is the same.  I got shingles in January 2018 and the pain and the itch was terrible!  I was completely cleared after five weeks but I started to get one or two pimples like on the scalp where I first had it but much less!  I hear that shingles can repeat itself various times.  I heard here people getting shingles 4 -5 times in a year!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.