Shingles

Posted , 3 users are following.

WOULD like to know that SHINGREX

Is affective! MERRY JULIANA Says that shingrex should be after a bout and not during an episode if shingles

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Myrna!

I just had my first Shingrix shot on Monday, after last having a bout of shingles several months ago. I have never had a reaction to a flu jab, but this one gave me flu like symptoms for 3 days. My arm was sore enough at the injection site, that I couldn't rest on that side. I read the CDC literature, and this is normal. It would have been nice to know beforehand, since I had to cancel appointments. I will get the next one in between December and April when I have a few recovery days following. Then, I won't have to worry about the pain and damage of shingles again.

• Posted

2nd shot had almost no side effects. i too was sick after the first and i couldnt lift a cup of water with the arm thaf was shot. i was worried about the second round being that rough again but it was nothing lije the first. i had a little discomfort in my arm second time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.