Shingles

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all. ive developed a shingles rash . it was very sore last night in bed and i couldn't sleep with it. ive been to see my doctor who put me on antivirals. i have the rash nearly a week now. any help most welcome. cheers tom .

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

ask for numbing agent .

• Posted

thanks Barbara for your reply. im seeing my doctor on Tuesday so will mention lidocaine to him. right now, rash is not itchy. some small crusts are appearing. can only get better. the problem i have is in the quads . when i raise my leg up, it brings some relief.. cheers Kevin..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.