Shingles after the Vaccine!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

Well like I said earlier I had the Shingles Vaccine back in June, and up untill yesterday I had been clear of them. Then this past week I have felt down couldn't be bothered to do anything. Then yesterday out they came. I have to say this is the longest I have ever gone without having Shingles. They are on my left thigh, but it is my right hip thigh and knee which are very painful at the moment. I an 61 and paid £145 for the Vaccine maybe it has worked to some extent because of the lengh of time I have gone without shingles. Who know's? Anyone out there who has had the Vaccine then had shingles would love to hear from you. Stay well people. xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ask for your money back. It obviously didn't do what you bought it to do so I would have thought that you would be covered by the fair trading regulations.
    • Posted

Hi Steve, I don't think it works that way, there was never any guarantee that it would work.I am now trying to change my diet? Who know's?
  • Posted

Hi 

when I asked my Dr about the vaccine he said because I have recurring Shingles, it wouldn't work because clearly my immune system isn't fighting the virus it recognises. That made sense to me. I get it every 3 months at the base of my spine and have done for years. I use a homeopathic remedy called Rhus Tox, it has to be very strong 200 strength. I think it helps. What I have discovered recently is that Shingles is aggrevaited by foods containing Arginine Nuts are one of the biggest problems. Foods containing Lysine help the body fight the shingles virus. I now take 1000mg of Lysine daily and avoid as much as possible foods containing Arginine. Soya products are another Arginine high food.  I use Lysine cream actually on the rash, you can get it from Holland and Barrett. It is the only thing I have ever found which stopped the rash developing. You have to put it on at least 3 times a day, but it worked for me. I do think my Shingles were less painful and more short lived. I'm hoping if I continue with the change of diet and taking Lysine the occur acne will get less. I'm hoping. 

• Posted

Hi Lilian, thanks for your feed back, very interesting. I have now ordered a book on diet for shingles, also some Lysine and Rhus tox. I think I have been eating all the wrong foods so will try and change my diet. I will let you know how I get on. Once again thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.