Shingles again

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi , had shingles on my scalp last summer. , still getting headaches no pain today on my shoulder blade got a hot sharp stinging pain can't see anything but feels like a rash is starting & area is tender , is this the start of new outbreak ??

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like it. Start the antivrals right away. You can also try lysine and olive leaf extract if you can't get the antivirals quickly. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi can any one tell me, if you get  this  again, do you still need the antiviral drugs????

Jocelyne   Cambridge  uk.

• Posted

Jocelyn,

You absolutely need to take the antivirals immediately as soon as possible. I have Herpes Zoster-Shingles every three to five weeks for the last 20 years in my right ear. I take antivirals immediately at the first hint of the Herpes Zoster-Shingles to decrease the intensity of the pain, symptoms, and duration of the episode.

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

If it feels like the same as the first episode of Shingles, in the same area, it probably is. I would go to your physician and get antivirals to start immediately. This will decrease the intensity of pain and symptoms and duration of the episode.

Let me know what happens!

Merry Juliana

• Posted

The pain feels the same , different area , original was scalp now shoulder blade area . Have spot with NP today thanks for your help
    • Posted

Great that you are seeing a clinician today!

I am happy to help you!

MerryJuliana

• Posted

Likely it could be and you should to the doctor to check it. The sharp pain is related to the nerves as PHN.

Get to the doctor asap and get the medication before it activates. It helps alot before the outbreak and please dont delay.

• Posted

Hi Azbella,  go to see your doctor, so you can get some medication fast  to help keep it at bay, Mine started in June last year and the PHN  just wont ease up,  I tried today to go into my local town for some essential shopping, only to find it took me over an hour to walk around a shop, it would with out this  shingles (PHN) take me about 15 minutes.

keep us posted  take care  Jocelyne  from Cambridge UK>

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.