Shingles and aftermath

Posted , 7 users are following.

How many bouts and itching can one have?  Can this go away eventually or can it last months, years?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

It can last a long time. I am so sorry that you are suffering. I had pain and sometimes itching, but mainly pain for 2 yrs before I started a holistic healing regimen. It took a year, and now I can honestly say I am 99% pain and itch free! Take care of yourself! This is a nasty virus.
    • Posted

I am so happy you are rid of this nasty virus!  Having had the pain and itch for those two years you said,  did blisters come out as well?  After almost 4 months I got one or two blisters but mild!  It’s pain and itching after the blisters go away!  Was it like that for you too?
    • Posted

Can you tell us what you did for relief.

Thanks so much

• Posted

Yes! I had been getting blisters, some really tiny that looked like a pimple, but the severe pain and itching that came with it was not like acne at all!!! I could not even think of touching mine at all. I am going to copy a message I had written a while ago to another person on this site that explains what I have been doing. I have not had symptoms for months!! It has taken a year and a half to get where I am now, but I was continually getting better and better that whole time. 

Here you go.......

You would be one of the lucky ones, if your symptoms were gone in 4 weeks. Shingles is a virus circulating through your body. It takes time and your immune system has to ba able to fight it to demand it back to its dormant state. You must rest, find peace in everything, as any type of unease, physical or emotional, feeds this demon. Functioning daily in your parasympathetic nervous system is a must!!!  Your diet needs to be full of fresh fruits and veggies mostly. As much raw as you can stomach. Smoothies are a great way to accomplish this. Supplements like b12, zinc, lysine, ester-c are helpful along with the diet.  Teas are great too: nettle leaf, raspberry leaf, lemon balm, and rose hips are all great starters. Everything organic is better.  Be mentally ready to fight this for a while.  There are so many random, strange symptoms that you can feel throughout the healing process. This virus is not messing around! I am sorry for your suffering❤

• Posted

Hi Lisa, I will send 2 messages I have sent to others.....

You would be one of the lucky ones, if your symptoms were gone in 4 weeks. Shingles is a virus circulating through your body. It takes time and your immune system has to ba able to fight it to demand it back to its dormant state. You must rest, find peace in everything, as any type of unease, physical or emotional, feeds this demon.  Your diet needs to be full of fresh fruits and veggies mostly. As much raw as you can stomach. Smoothies are a great way to accomplish this. Supplements like b12, zinc, lysine, ester-c are helpful along with the diet.  Teas are great too: nettle leaf, raspberry leaf, lemon balm, and rose hips are all great starters. Everything organic is better. Be mentally ready to fight this for a while.  There are so many random, strange symptoms that you can feel throughout the healing process.

And.....

This virus is not messing around. You  can do a cleanse for 28 days of solely raw fruit and veggies. I only made it 10 days, then switched over to a diet that will take longer to completely eliminate the virus.  So, the foods you have to have in your diet every day. Mangoes, pears, asparagus, wild blueberries, papayas, coconut, red apples, bananas, artichokes, avocado, red and green leafy lettuce, green beans, sweet potato, spinach. Eat a lot of these foods daily.

The foods you CANNOT consume: corn, soy, canola oil, processed beet sugar, eggs, dairy, pork, farmed fish, gluten, msg, natural flavoring, artificial flavors, artificial sweetners, citric acid, 

And avoid the amino acid L-carnitine , Argenine (nuts and chocolate)and whey protein at all costs. 

I know this sounds crazy, but I have been doing it for almost a year and I have not felt this good in 3 years. I have shingles symptoms every month. Since on this diet my symptoms have lessened in frequency and intensity and I am not on any prescription meds! You should do the cleanse for as long as you can, then just start adding some cooked food. It is hard and boring, but effective so far. I also have made it more interesting by discovering some great recipes. Smoothies are the best way to start.

Good luck

ound! I am sorry for your suffering❤

I wrote this second message 6 months ago and I am now doing even better. Not suffering at all and have not had any outbreaks!!! I works!!!! Im still being serious about self care and working to keep my body in a parasympathetic state, but have recently been adding in things here and there. 

• Posted

Well I can say that I have started this regimen like you have stated!  I am giving this the battle of its time!  I am mentally prepared and physically too!  I am eating the right diet and my mind is fixed to be as calm as I can be!  I am relaxing daily and copying with life it self!  After Hurricane Maria and losing my house is the worse as it gets!  After almost 10 months since the Hurricane hit and I am a survivor I can say that these shingles won’t get the best of me!  Rhonda helped me back on my feet and today I will fight these shingles with this regime and with prayers from beautiful people here I made up my mind to fight with peace, calmness and with great food rich in lysine!  I am beginning to feel better with less pain and this second bout was mild!  Hoping this was the worse!  
    • Posted

You got this!! Remember to be kind and forgiving to yourself. Also, your body is trying to heal, so everything you do needs to be helping it. The NO foods I sent you are very important because they feed viruses. You do not want to help the virus live. 

I am so sorry to hear about your home and you are on my prayer list now too. Happy healing❤️

• Posted

I have made my research and the foods not to eat are coconut,  green beans,  bananas,  nuts and whole wheat!

Can eat chicken,  turkey lean beef and fruits and veggies,

Eggs, low fat milk and lamb

Avoid chocolate and nuts!  I will take your advice on this diet!  I always have eaten healthy!

• Posted

Fish, chicken, beef, lamb, milk, cheese, beans, brewer's yeast, mung bean sprouts and most fruits and vegetables have more lysine than arginine, except for peas. Gelatin, chocolate, carob, coconut, oats, whole wheat and, white flour, peanuts, soybeans, and wheat germ have more arginine than lysine.

This is what we can and can’t eat!  As you can see coconut and peas are a no no!

I will do exactly this diet and hope I can say I am also free of pain of these shingles!  Thank you again!

• Posted

Okay. I hope so too. I wish you the best of luck for I know how awful this virus can be. I do believe different things work for different bodies. Keep me posted. I am curious to see if the diet you follow works for you, as I am helping people heal from viruses. Mine has definitely been working for most people who follow it correctly, but more options to offer people is better due to the fact that people have different foods they would rather eat and not eat. Happy Healing and if you remember, let me know your status.  
    • Posted

Shoe lady

Of course I will keep you posted as I progress and let everyone know and share it all!  This forum is my rock as my family!  With your advice I also researched as you stated so I can have many options of what foods to eat and help crunch this awful virus!

I am a person who always follow instructions and I know with the help of God and this forum we will all win this battles!  Thank you again for having me in your prayers and I have you all in mine as well!  I can say that my house now is finally repaired from Hurricane Maria and that’s a win win too!  Thx

Myrna

• Posted

It can go in indefinitely 

i have been in misery since  2012.. I hope you don’t t hsve it. That long.

• Posted

Thank you for your kind wishes,  I pray that we get this out forever and be happy in life!  Life is short and we want to live it healthy ❤️
  • Posted

Myrna,

As I have stated, get your level of Vitamins tested, especially D and B12.

Get the Shingrex vaccination.

Follow the high Lysine low Arginine diet.

Some of us with recurrent Herpes Zoster-Shingles are still going to have recurrent Herpes Zoster-Shingles, but perhaps at a decreased rate of frequency and intensity of pain.

Remember, you are in charge of your happiness. Take charge of this disease by learning preventive strategies, coping skills, taking the right medications for you, decreasing stress, asking for help with your family, when needed.

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Hello Merry

Thank you for your advice!  I can say that I have a healthy diet rich in chicken, beef and turkey!  We consume fruits and veggies!  Milk is a must!  We don’t eat candy nor chocolate because of diabetes in the family!  I am allergic to sea food!  Maybe my outbreaks are mild but still a pain and itching can get to you!  I hope that eating the right foods at the long run can minimize this disease!  I am getting dizzy most of the time!  I take vitamin C and also was taking vitamin D and stop for a while because my bone density test came pretty normal!  I get this one or two blisters which heal pretty fast but I just pray it goes for good,  we don’t need this!

Thx Merry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.