Shingles appear to be leaving scars

Posted , 2 users are following.

May 1st I called an ambulance as the pain in my arm was unbearable.  Started in my neck like a severe pulled muscle.  Went to urgent care 2 days prior to calling ambulance and they gave me a steroid shot.  Had a small rash at that time but it continued to spread with blisters. Had even been to a dermatologist who dismissed shingles but did do a biopsy to test for something else. (Don't remember the name of the disease but it is one that you really don't want) I was hospitalized for 3 days while they tried to find meds to send me home with. I was given  morphine in the hospital and believe me, I needed it. Anyway, that was the first of May and today is June 27th.  I still have angry red  places where the rash was along with hard white spots in them resembling scars.  One is about an inch long. By the way, my shingles were on the left side of my chest and on the upper part of my back.  Has anyone had the angry red spots or scars? I know the pain is normal and I take gabapentin 1200 mg daily. Just got another refill for 3 months.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

After the scars have healed, please try to gently rub some extra virgin coconut oil and it will help soothe itching and reduction in marks. Stay strong, all these scars are battle marks, where you won. And beauty always comes from within- the marks should go away over time.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. It has been and stil is a battle! The angry red places are where the shingles were.  Exact same places, sizes and shapes.  The scars I refer to are actually raised white scars as if it were a severe cut at one time. None of the shingle spots have gone away or changed shape.  Do you know if this is normal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.