Shingles & Eczema

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone with recurring shingles also have eczema?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Gosh as if Shingles isnt bad enough.No I have not but nothing would surprise me about this complaint. How come we can get to the moon but cannot find a cure for Shingles or an inoculation that is available to all. Imagine the lost hours to the economy this must cause.

I hope that someone will answer.

• Posted

I have eczema and the reoccurring shingles. I mostly get it on my head and behind my ears. Also, for anyone that wants to know, I've contacted the pharmaceutical company that makes the shingles immunization. They said that if you have reoccurring shingles the shot will not help prevent having an episode, but it MIGHT reduce the symptoms of the shingles. That's the best we've got. They haven't done any studies with people that have reoccurring shingles. Good luck, to all of you.
  • Posted

All of us shingle victims and they havent done studies yet? Thats sad. My eczema has gotten 100% worst since I had shingles. I cant sleep at night from itching so bad. Nothing works. I took 2 benadryls and still

woke up. I have to bury my hands and sleep on them so I wont scratch. Where are the real doctors?

• Posted

As far as the itching, I have the extreme itching also. I take 25 mg of hydrocortisone every 6 hours as needed for the itching during a shingles outbreak. I don't just itch where I break out. I itch everywhere!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.