Shingles getting better in 5th week now today not good

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone. I had shingles near my mouth infiltrating the inside of the mouth and causing pain for now basically close to 5 weeks!!! It was getting better the last 4 days and then last night It started to really hurt and now into today. I had a really stressful day yesterday and feel like I flared everything up again.  I Really overused my mouth by several presentations and ate onions and a semi spicy dinner!!

Wow, could all those combined make for such a bad day today??? I was doing better! I guess when it's affecting your mouth you have to watch not to irritate the nerve by certain foods and excessive talking? Please offer any advice to this! Thank you all! 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wherever the shingles virus decides to attack, is definitely an area you must keep at rest. Mine likes to attack my neck and shoulder blade area. For this reason I have to be very careful what kind of strain I put on my arms. If I ever wear my arms out m, I am sure to have some symptoms later that evening or the next day. But, more importantly, stress of  any kind is not good. You must rest ALOT. Even if you are having a good day.  It isn't very possible that it can keep coming back, as it does for a lot of us on this site. Try sovereign silver in your mouth. Take care

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply? Has anyone on here had a bout with shingles orally? I know it can happen as I have it but I just haven't met a lot of people that have it in that area. 

• Posted

HI Christine

I'm recovering from Shingles in the eye and viral meningitis and was in hospital for 2 weeks. This is my 3rd week and I gather from this illness you have good and bad days. The most important thing I have learnt from all of this is that stress is one of the biggest factors to make you worse - you need to rest and not over do it. I have given up caffeine, alcohol and dairy and it is really helping. I drink fresh squeeze juice and eat loads of salad and fruit. Be careful what you eat and don't get tired. 

Really hope you get better! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.