shingles in jawbone / ear, can it reocur going to dentist

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had shingles in my ear, my jawbone,in my mouth, on my face and in my hair.... i am still dealing with lingering nerves in my ear and in my jaw, can going to the dentist in a couple of days cause the shingles to reoccur?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi tracey

poor you with it where you have it .

yes i have reoccurring shingles..

4 times since Jan and twice this month ..

always on the buttock, same place each time.

i had it beginning of May and again last week, i read lots of B12 ( which i have by injection anyway) and Vit C helps .

hope you feel better soon.

jay x

• Posted

thanks for the info on the B12 Jay smile

and omg I feel so bad for you with your shingles :'(

• Posted

Hi Tracey

hope your feeling better ... 

mines drying up now and only slight ache on site of drying blisters .

with it being always on my buttock rolleyes it hurts to sit on it ..

also discovered i was vit D deficient after having the blood test ..

( vit D supplements now too ) 

i am age 50 and post menopause .. Seem to being falling apart at the seams lately .. 

Take care sweetie 

jay x

• Posted

oh i hear sista...i am 48 and I swear things are falling apart for me too lol

except for the pain in my ear i am all good...nervous to go to the dentist, had a filling fall out and now they need to repair it and having my jaw opened for any length of time worries me because its in the hinge beside my ear that I have had the most pain...oh well I guess i have to wait and see...

glad to hear you are on the mend though...hopefully this is the last time you have to deal with all of this!

take care smile

• Posted

Hi 

i was reading this earlier maybe it will help others 

High-dose vitamin B12 is a time-honored treatment for shingles.

The amino acid L-lysine, like vitamin C, inhibits the replication of the herpes zoster virus.

The suggested daily doses are: 1,000–2,000 mcg of vitamin B12  and 1,500–3,000 mg of L-lysine.

Take these supplements in divided doses as soon as symptoms occur; continue until symptoms subside.

jay x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.