Shingles no rash

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was told by my doctor I have shingles. I don't have a rash. I went to the doctor thinking I had pneumonia, I had pain in my lung area on the right side. 1 week prior I thought something had bit me but no bumps a sensation of numbness tingling. Then about 5 days later I felt horrible, chills, fever, mild chest pain like bad heartburn and very tired. I was started on the shingle medication and pain meds. It's been 5 days since the meds I feel better, if I'm out to long like store or mall I start to feel bad and very tired the area burns but nothing like what I've read the pain is now in my right breast, and i have a burning sensation in the area effected,but I still have no bumps. I hope I don't start to have other symptoms it's been about 11 days since this all started.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Take rx for antivirals as soon as you feel tingling. Also you can get the immunization to help slow down the disease.
    • Posted

Thanks, yesterday after my post was the worst day I've had so far, but I was out for a long time.. I experienced sharp pain in the area and the flu symptoms returned... I'm back in bed now.. So rest is so very very important. ...

• Posted

HiCarla I have had shingles for 4 months with no rash as I had vaccine in march.I have had the burning in my right side into my breast it goes no further than uyour nipple.It goes up my back about 4inches wide and accross the top until centre spine area apparently that is the nerve it effect when you get shingles i this area.the exhauston is terrible i still get it often you just can,t take another step .the only thing is rest it is so frustrating.When the burning sets in I seem to have sleepless nights as can,t get on top  of pain.I,m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I,ve been told this illness takes a long time to go away thanks

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Susan today the burning wasn't as bad but the flu like symptoms were horrible.. My first day back to work and i was told by my boss I need to look happier...because I look sick....huh???? I have burning shingles I must have forgot to smile.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.