Shingles, post herpetic neuralgia, low dose naltrexone

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was prescribed LDN for long haul covid symptoms of bronchitis, digestive issues with acidosis, anxiety, depression, memory loss, and tinnitus. I believe the drug was very effective in eliminating the bronchitis and that it also must have helped with digestive issues. Anxiety and depression most definitely coincided with the acidosis. Tinnitus seemed to worsen depending on sugar intake. I began drinking alkaline water (pH 9.5) to oppose the acid. To combat the memory loss, I tried supplements of luteolin and phosphatidyl serine.In short, the paint brush approach of alternative medicines had turned things around enough that I decided to stop taking the LDN. Several weeks later I got a cold/allergy with sinus congestion and resorted to Claritin which helped. But then...I got shingles. Now I'm wondering if the cessation of LDN had something to do with triggering the cold and the shingles outbreak. After all, LDN is claimed to modulate the immune response. Has anyone a similar experience to share?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.