Shingles: Professional Work Clothing

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just recently broke out in shingles after stabbing chest pains that sent me to the ER with heart attack-like symptoms. All tests were negative, but the stabbing chest pains were relentless for 3 days.  Then, I broke out in the typical shingles "rash"...which is a huge misnomer..started on Valacyclovir, and used a terrific shingles ointment called terrasil.  The "rash" was in a location where I was unable to wear a bra. I've NEVER in my life gone out in public without a bra, wearing 32DD...so this is what I discovered...I got several short sleeved tops that are the material like you get in Cuddle-Duds, and put the bra OVER the top.  This material was soft enough to be against my skin, and the bra..even though it is an underwire didn't seem to bother the blisters/rash. I was able to wear any outer clothing with this solutuion.  I would be happy to hear other solutions to the "I have to wear a bra!" dilemma.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Great idea. I will have to try that. Another thing is I use small sheets of mole skin with foam and sticky side place on clothing in areas that irritate the skin available at drug stores.

hope xxxx

• Posted

Thank you...good suggestion!  I have one small patch where this might be very helpful.

• Posted

Great. Glad to hear that , every little thing helps. 👍

Take care are and keep posting on how your doing!

Hope 😳

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.