Shingles. Returning

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi had shingles on my scalp 2 yrs ago .. been ok since .. last few days I’m getting the excruciating headaches n eye pain again . I’m kinda stressed about a motorcycle ride we’re going on .. any help please 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi I know the feeling I had quarter panel top half right side of head down to mouth towards back of right ear  it will be 2 yrs Oct  I still go through shingle headaches itching etc. on gabapen 100 nightly along with different muscle rub crepe.   Ice pal right hand corner of forehead is the main nerve. Wind sun an Stress are my key factors!   Do u do any of this. But maybe u should have your eyes rechecked to be safe I did an all is fine
    • Posted

Sorry bout misspell words silly finger lol
  • Posted

Consult with your primary doctor ASAP for diagnosis if it might be shingles. If it is, get the new shingles vaccine Shingrix which has a 90+% of preventing return of shingles. Best of success.
    • Posted

Can you have the injection hector if there is an outbreak or do you need to wait until recovered again.
    • Posted

The first action one needs to take is quickly see your primary doctor or ophthalmologist. In Azbella’s case, treatment of the eye is top priority if it is determined to be shingles. After the eye treatment, then discuss with your medical provider the new shingles vaccine Shingrix. Best of success.
    • Posted

Hi Jen. Sorry you are going through this. The old shingles vaccine was a LIVE virus vaccine, whereas this new shingles vaccine "Shingrix" is NOT a live vaccine. However, it is still best to have even this new vaccine after your outbreak has healed. The pharmacy or location you receive this vaccine will typically ask you to sign off on a release form, saying you do not currently have the virus, before they give the vaccine to you. However, under worst case scenario, you can have the vaccine during an outbreak but NOT recommended and only under physician supervision and approval and can also mean an overnight stay in the hospital, as was the case with me. I would strongly advise you to wait till the outbreak or signs there might be an outbreak coming, has cleared first though. You do not have to wait and be shingle-free for a full 6 months like the old vaccine but you do need to be shingle free, if you can. Also, if this ride is stressing you out this much ahead of time, you might want to rescedule it and also see your physician to possibly be started on antiviral meds. Otherwise, you possibly risk having an outbreak DURING the ride and doubtful you would choose two wheels and that much noise, as your mode of transport, while in that much pain. Hope you get to feeling better soon, friend. Take care and stay safe

• Posted

In the UK you have to be 70 to get the vaccine, it is my sister who has/had shingles. She thinks it has/had gone but it keeps returning and the doctor said she will have to wait until next year to have the vaccine which coincidently when she will be 70.
    • Posted

Oh hon, so sorry to hear that! I went through the very same thing with the old vaccine, with No one wanting to give it till I was 65 and I wasn't even 50 yet at that time. Bless her heart. The CDC needs to get off their butts and inform the public that there are real people suffering with this very real illness but some of these people DON'T fit into their neat little box. I'm sure sorry hon and hope she gets relief soon

• Posted

I have the phone for six years and I am still in agony

I know what you are feeling I feel it 24/7

You might wind up in unbelievable pain because of the wind the alloydynia and the sun might also be painful although you are in a helmet the helmet might hurt you

Please consider this

Maybe you can reschedule 

I would not want to be in more pain than you might be in now 

• Posted

Very important 

Those headaches might mean that you might have an outbreak

My head hurts all the time as if it’s is being cut by a razor my eyes hurt too

I have phn but not the actual virus

If you don’t feel well spend the day w a friend a just chill out and see a doctor asap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.