Shingles scarring

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well the last part of the scab was loose and hanging off so it came off when i was bathing area around it and i now have scars!! this is the first time its ever scarred! every other time ive just had a flat pink patch of skin which i bathed every day then when the redness had faded i used nivea lotion like always. but this time i have a raised red scar you can actually see the shapes of the blisters that were there, its left indented marks all pitted in my face! its really upsetting. even after the time i was hospitalized with it going into my eye it healed and left a pink patch which faded. this is the worst its ever been, and with the PHN on top of it all i have had enough this time. i feel like getting a knife and cutting the whole side of my face off. life isnt worth living with this it really isnt coz i know its going to come back again it could be less or more nxt time and will scar even more ontop of these scars. i look like a freak i look disgusting i feel dirty i feel worthless, im exhausted from the virus i feel like ive got the flu im not being allowed to rest or sleep im constantly up and down with other annoying heath problems i cannot go on like this, and i know people will say be strong it will get better it will get easier but for those that dont know anything about me or my life thats easy for them to say. even for those that do know me never have the time to listen or help because they have their own problems! we all have issues some more than others and we all need someone to talk to when things get really bad but its finding that one person to listen, but then again whats the point of talking when there is nothing anyone can do??

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello RUTH

I am sorry you are having such a hard time. You are correct as I dont know what you are going thru and I never would be so cavalier as saying "be strong"...load of s...t! All I can say is I am thinking of you and hoping that tomorrow is a better day. GENTLE hugs.

• Posted

Hi Autumn, thank you for your kind words. im just at my wits end with this and can see no way out of it. ive suffered reocurring shingles since i was 18 and ive dealt with it but this is the worst ive felt, this time depression has set in because of the scarring. my gp said that once scabs fall off the skin underneath will be normal??? i knew that wasnt true because each time its been really pink and sore but faded after months and years but this time its raised and red and pitted and awful looking and to put anything on it would only make it sting! i know people swear by sun tan lotion coz UV rays will darken the skin and make scar worse but even to put that on wouldnt be a good idea. i always let it fade in the past then i used my nivea cream i use for my whole face. but this time it looks too red raw and pink to put anything on it. i will have a word with the nurse on monday wen i go for blood tests and ask her advice only i doubt she will have any answers! i just wish i didnt have a weekend immune system due to other health issues then maybe i wouldnt have to live with this!

bless you for the gentle hugs x

• Posted

I'm sorry you're going through this. I understand completely. I have scars on my face now, too, and my right eye suffered muscle damage so it looks off to the right when it should be looking straight ahead. I cannot see clearly or think clearly or discern depth well any longer. I look like a freak because of my eye and it constantly hurts. My head is still numb, too. This has been just a horrible, horrible disease. I can really relate to what you are going through.

• Posted

bless you yogi. you sound like you are going through an awful time too. it is a horrible disease. the numbness is unbearable isnt it?! it spreads too each time an attack happens coz it damages the nerves. i am numb all over my right side from top of head back of head ear nose eye jaw even my neck and shoulder! one doctor said she couldnt believe that and made out it was all in my mind and i was making it up!!! but a consultant told me that it happens because all nerves are joined and when one is damaged it moves on to the next one and the next and so on!!! it can cause bells palsy too!! i can relate to what you are going through to!! bless you yogi x

• Posted

Ruth,

I am sorry you are going through this. Scarring on your face is terrible as it is your identity. I will private message you what I would use....

My shingles is back, so I know how you feel.

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

thank you Merry. i am sorry you are going through this again.

hugs to you x

• Posted

I was hoping against hope about Shingrex!

Oh well! Based on what I knew about immunology, it didn't make sense that it would work on individuals with recurrent episodes of Herpes Zoster-Shingles. We are the tough cases.

Hugs to you, too Ruth!

• Posted

yeah so many swear by shingrex god knows why!!!! coz it doesnt cure it just stops the breakout being so severe anyways! ridiculous!!!! better of taking acyclovir tablet every day instead!!!! or better of taking bugger all and put up with this crap! no cure for shingles!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

HUGS TO YOU MERRY X

• Posted

Ack, Merry, I am sad to hear your shingles are back. Are you doing the Lysine with Vitamin C? I heard that it will kill the virus. Not sure how much of each to take, though. I believe I heard it from the Medical Medium.

• Posted

Dear Yogi,

I follow the high Lysine low Arginine diet. As I have kidney disease, Lysine is bad for the kidneys. I drink Orange juice 12 ounces daily and eat a tangerine or two daily for my Vitamin C. Thank you for your suggestions and wonderful support on this site. l also had Zoster in my right eye twice, but fortunately have not suffered the long term visual effects of the Zoster, just the hearing and balance and pain. Thanks again.

Best Wishes.

Merry Juliana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.