Shingles spots and pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Am now 6 weeks going on 7 weeks now into shingles still have some spots and some pain no I didn't have antiviral tables am wondering how much longer am I going to have the spots and pain anyone else had the spots for as long as this

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi My shingles lasted 7 weeks and I had a few spots lasted 3 months with a little itching and pain for 2 weeks after. Now all gone except for a couple of spots. Some people have pain for months , even years unfortunately., but yours seems to be going hopefully. 
  • Posted

Yes. I am 2 months in to the shingles war and pain is still there. I had  a pretty bad case. (enough for hospitalization for 3 days) I hope you are taking something for pain such as gabapentin used for treating nerve pain.  My shingle spots have not changed at all in size. Surprisingly I have not really itched at all.  Have "dead" spots and went through a time of the feeling of 1000 bugs crawling under my skin and sometimes only one bug!!!! Go figure.  Guess everyone is different.  I think one thing is universal among all that have had shingles and that is pain.

• Posted

You pore thing I feel for you mine is bad enough but yours is a lot worse than mine hope you get better soon
  • Posted

Hi Dillys

As you have now had Shingles for a long time, you are now in the PostHerpetic Neuralgia stage. If you can obtain Aciclovir Cream then you should apply it to the spots, and they should go within two weeks. Rub it in vigorously for 10 seconds, twice a day, for best results. To remove the pain and itch try my PHN topical cream. This mixture was posted recently, but I will repost it if required.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.