Shingles Vaccine!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

Well I had the Shingles Vaccine yesterday morning (Friday) within 3 hours a cold sore appeared on my lip, but other than that no other side effects. I was told that 1 in a thousand will go on to devol shingles after having the vaccine, just hope I am not the ONE! Also was told I might get a temp but I haven't as yet. I will keep you posted.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had a Shingles vaccine as it is recommended to have one by age 55.

shingles is a virus that lives dormant in the nerves of the back after having chicken pox as a child.

shingles is herpes simplex 2 Zoster virus. Which can cause serious health risks.

thats is the reason the vaccination is recommended.

• Posted

I am currently experiencing my second shingles attack and feeling very down.  In the uk we can't get the vaccine on the nhs unless we are either 71 or 79 (I'm 75) so I was refused it unless I paid (£143 + £45 for injecting it).

Its on my face and I have 3 blisters on my eyelid - and I can't get an appointment till Tuesday, will I go blind?

• Posted

Going to UR dr is good they can still give u the vaccine. I had the immunization injection after a shingles break out . Now I have few and less severe shingle episodes. We had the similar immunization rules  here in the US. This is a medical issue for many who's bodies DONOT always coroperate with the immunization rules. Ask UR dr. Set up ER visit.
    • Posted

Hi Exdancer, Sorry to hear you have shingles. They say the eye is the most painful place to get it. You should insist on seeing a Doctor today, maybe even the walk in centre? The sooner you start treatment the quicker it will clear up. My friend had it three times on the eye and forhead, and she didn't go blind. But get it checked out ASAP. Good luck. xx
  • Posted

My wife had a reaction to the shingles shot. Within hours, a large rectangular-shaped red blister appeared on her side. The Doctor immediately advised her to buy a package of Reactine which is available at any drugstore over the counter.

She felt immediate relief and the blister had completly disappeared within three days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.