Shingles witu no rash

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone I’m so sorry we are all on this forum and with the pain we are all feeling. I have terrible nerve pain and burning on my right backside.  I am going on 5 weeks and I know from reading it can last quite awhile. I have had a lot of stress from my job and my immune system was pretty weak as well. Is there anyone else that has the pain but no rash? I’m a Special Education Teacher and it is so painful being at work but I’m trying to hang in there as our last day is Friday. I have been reading what some of you have been trying as I have been taking the Lysine and also the gabapentin but it doesn’t help too much. Also different kinds of cream but still not a lot of relief. I would appreciate any advice you could give to me. I hope and pray you are all healed very soon. Thanks again. Lorray 💕

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lorray 

As you now have Post Herpetic Neuralgia, I can help you with a topical mixture, for pain and itch relief. 

I have been suffering from this problem now for 3.5 years, and have found this mixture adequate for pain and itch relief, without the need of analgesics, which have a long term harmful affect.

The mixture is as follows :

250 grams of Invite Vitamin E Cream. ( It does not form a skin with continued use ).

Two 5 gram tubes of Aciclovir anti-viral Cream. (Sold as a Cold Sore Cream in Australia)

65 grams of Dencorub Heat Gel ( 26% Methyl Salicylate,& 7% Menthol.)

Mix thoroughly and apply sparingly to the pain and itch areas, as required for relief.

Alternatively, use 100grams of Dencorub Arthritis Cream if close to the eyes.

Best Regards Ray.

• Posted

How much lysine are you taking? Look up castorl oil packs on YouTube. They help with pain.  When I was in pain I was taking 3-5,000mg a day of lysine. Also vit C, b12, zinc, and magnesium are very helpful. I hope you feel better❤️
  • Posted

Hello lorray 

It’s sad to know that you are also in pain.   I get this burning pain and a tiny little does appear and by a day it flattens down and gone!

It’s  like it doesn’t want to leave!  I take the high lysine diets and I don’t eat nuts nor chocolate!

I will be going to my doctor soon and see if she gives me a

Second round of anti virals!

Hope you do feel better and remember stress triggers it!

Myrna

• Posted

Hello lorray 

It’s sad to know that you are also in pain.   I get this burning pain and a tiny little does appear and by a day it flattens down and gone!

It’s  like it doesn’t want to leave!  I take the high lysine diets and I don’t eat nuts nor chocolate!

I will be going to my doctor soon and see if she gives me a

Second round of anti virals!

Hope you do feel better and remember stress triggers it!

Myrna

• Posted

Are you taking antiviral?  I I have the identical issues you have. I get epidurals in my lower back 4 times a yr. it does help. I also use lidocaine patches and I have a special compound the pharmacy makes for me. I can give you the ingredients if you want to try it. It’s prescription only and made at a specialty pharmacy. I also had my second shot of shingrix. Too soon to say if it worked. Good luck. I feel your pain. 
    • Posted

Hi Deborah I’m so sorry you are not feeling well and thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it.How long have you had this? IThe Dr just gave me Gabapentin. I am also taking Lysine along with Vitamin B complex, vitamin E, zinc, vitamin C and D. Also trying to eat better. I do not have any rash.  I feel for the people that have the rash too. Yes I would love your recipe for what you use. I have tried many different things a numbing cream, etc Thanks so much for reaching out to me. I hope and pray you feel better soon. 💕

• Posted

The compound is:

Diclofenac 0.83%

Gabapentin 8%

Ask your dr for that script. He has to recommend you to a speciality pharmacy and they usually deliver it. It’s covered under insurance and it’s refillable every 30 days. It’s by far the best thing out there that helps me. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.