Shingles worse before better

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone found that their shingles get worse before it gets better like reaching its peek then being to get better or is it just me getting worse

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Totally true.  Good and bad days.  I thought I was getting better so many times only to back slide again.  It is still happening 4 months later.
    • Posted

Hello yogi

I am also in the 4 months of this horrible virus!  I thought it would be gone but after four months I saw one small blister appear and with burning pain!  When will this leave?  The CDC says it could only be a few weeks or months but rarely comes back!!  How can they say that with so many people here getting reoccurrences?

I will visit my doctor on Monday the 18 and tell her about this second bout!  I got anti viral at the hospital last week!

They told me about a home remedy,  chamomile!  You boil it with some seeds and then left overnight to cool and the next day you pour it threw a coffee filter and keep it refrigerated!  You take a cotton ball and wet the rash with it and it helps the pain!

Try it!  It helps.  It’s like putting cold compressors over it and it calms the itch and burning pain!

Let me know if you try it out ok!

Get well

Myrna 

• Posted

Dilys 

I am also going on four months and can’t take it!  I have taken anti virals twice  and still get mild bouts!  When will this leave and never come back?  I see my doctor Monday to see what else can be done!  The light bothers me but anti virals do make it sensitive to the light!  Are you still getting some blisters and nerve pain?  What are you taking now if anti virals?  Hope we can beat this because like you it’s been 4 bad months!

• Posted

Did you get it checked out by a doctor? Are you taking any anti-viral meds? I started taking my meds of day two from breaking out in a rash & yes it still spread down my arm & back more before it started to scab over & fade. 

• Posted

Yes I did get bit checked by doc I did not take the antiviral tablets as I was suffering so much from dizzness that the antiviral tablets could have made the dizzness worse and I was not going to chance it
  • Posted

In my dad's case yes. The process was long, he had some good days, and some very bad days.

But when he was on antibiotics and creams he became better, and the blisters eventually started disappearing. It took 2-3 weeks overall. 

He had it in half of his head and forehead. 

• Posted

Hello Dilly

I guess there are more out there because I feel the same as you!  I am so confused at times!  I have this second mild bout but pain and burning!  My scalp is tender to the touch and I am taking anti virals for 19 days!  In February when I first got the shingles I took anti virals for 7 days in the 72 hour requirement!

When will this be over?  I want my life back!  I couldn’t go to any of my grandkids graduation!  My husband has to go alone because even the sun light bothers me!

I feel lost!  I just want this to end my friend and I am sure you feel the same!  

Hope you do have good news with this horrible virus!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.