Shingrix shot #2 - 30 days later

Posted , 8 users are following.

I wanted to give everyone an update 30 days after my second shot. I am definitely better. I wouldn’t say I am shingles free but the pain on my right side has definitely gotten better. The second shot didn’t put me out like the first one did. The first shot gave me shingles for another week to ten days but shot two didn’t hold me up at all. I definitely would recommend it to everyone suffering. I had it approved under 50 yrs old and it was a covered expense for insurance based on my history. I wish you all the same success. 

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I'm confused, the shingrix shouldn't cause shingles. Did you have a rash and typical extreme pain like shingles? I'll have to look for your other posts.

• Posted

I have a rare case of shingles where I get the internal pain without the rash. I did have severe pain after the first shot on the right side of my rib cage and down my right leg. It could be a rare case that not everyone would get. I have shingles for 20 yrs. every case may be different. 
    • Posted

Hi Deborah I also have shingles without the rash. Did you say you have had this for 20 years. Did I read that right? I started to get severe nerve pain the first part of May. I still have really bad nerve pain. I hope you are doing much better. Take care, Lorray 
    • Posted

Yes 20 yrs!  Fortunately not often besides the last five yrs. our diagnosis sounds similar. Hard one to figure out. Lots of dr’s don’t believe you and more so, don’t know how to treat you. It’s been a long five yrs. glad I see daylight and I hope you will soon. Let me know if I can help in any way. 
    • Posted

Deborah thank you for your message. I hope and pray you are over this soon. Wow 20 years. I couldn’t believe it when I read that. I know I was under a lot of stress a few months back and then this all came about. I never imagined it could be so painful. Are you taking many vitamins? I’m also trying to eat better and cut out as much sugar as I can as I know that is terrible for shingles. I am taking some vitamins  to try and boost my immune system. I am 57 years old and this all started around May 4th. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you are totally healed very soon. Thanks again. Take care, Lorray 💕

• Posted

It was definitely stress related and I tried everything from vitamins to epidurals. Nothing helped. I am now confident that the worst is behind me as my stress has reduced tremendously. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi,  There's a new Shingles vaccine that came out in 2017. I had the old vaccine in June 2015 and got Shingles 1st time last Fall...2017.  I understand that after I'm well from my current Shingles attack, that I should get the new vaccine.  I will be discussing it with my doctor FIRST of course!  It seems that I'm super sensitive to drugs,etc than most of the USA population, so not sure I want to take it.  It looks like it will be a couple more months before I feel totally normal & well again.

• Posted

I’m not sure I would get it if I only had it once and it was from the first vaccine but that’s just my opinion. Do what feels right for yourself. I never had the first vaccine because I couldn’t go 30 days without shingles. 
  • Posted

Good to know and glad it has helped! I just went to the doctor last week asking for it. She would not give it to me at the visit until she can research any side effects it has had on under 50 or if there has been any studies on giving it to people under 50. I want it so bad!!! sad Hopefully I can get it at the follow up visit.
    • Posted

The doctors here in NJ don’t have the shot, only pharmacists do. Plus I really have to say that they don’t have much information about it since it’s still so new.  My opinion would be if you get the virus often and it’s a bad case, I would speak to your pharmacy. Good luck. 
  • Posted

Dear Deborah!

Congratulations!

I am happy for you that you are feeling better.

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

In Delaware, there is a waiting list for Shingrex. My name is on the list, I plan to go to different pharmacies and see if I can get it sooner.

Thank you for asking!

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thank you so much for tell us that. I'm preparing to take my first shot after had the Shingles last March. This give me hope.

• Posted

It’s worth it so far but I had hundreds of cases in the last few yrs. everyone is different. I’m sure you will do what’s right for you. Best of luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.