Shingrix Vaccine ..tough 24 hours

Posted , 3 users are following.

Suffered through a rough Shingles attack 10 months ago. Still have some fatigue and itching in my trunk area. Received my first Shingrix shot yesterday (covered by BCBS). Left shoulder very sore for about 10 hours followed by overnight nausea and more fatigue. Finally coming out of it 24 hours later.  

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi USMC!

I hope you are feeling better now! If it prevents another episode of shingles, do you feel the side effects of the immunization are worth it?

Best Regards

Merry Juliana

• Posted

The side effects are definitely worth getting the vaccine. I only posted this as information only. When I received the shot from my Pharmacy I was not told about side effects other than the shot site pain. I am ok now. When i had the first attack, I thought my case was extreme. I now know through this forum I was luckier than many others. I will be 73 in two weeks and did a 10K run (slowly) last week, so i should not complain.
    • Posted

Thank you for your response. I do plan to get the Shingrex when I see my new internest in June.

Best regards

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Hi friend. So sorry you are going thru this. Happy to hear you did get your shingles vaccine. Yes, its a rough first few days, bless your heart. I had my first in April and scheduled to go back for my final shot June 2nd. I keep telling myself it will all be worth it if it works. With a 97% success rate like they're saying, I'm feeling pretty good about it. You hang it there friend and take it easy these first few days. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.