Shiny painless spot on glans

Posted , 2 users are following.

Uncut 27yr old - I've had this shiny, painless spot on my glans for a few months now. The spot is quite shiny and glossy, and doesn't seem to be raised nor flaky. Some days it barely visible while some days it gets quite red and stands out.

I have been in a monogamous relationship for years now, so this didn't come about after a one night stand or anything like that.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or any potential treatment options? I'm very hygienic and only wash with warm water and pat dry with towel. ive attached a quick photo.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Dan, are you talking about the slightly different coloured patch diagonally opposite your finger knuckle?

If it is, and given the history you state this would not appear to be an issue of concern. Like patches of skin elsewhere across the human body, pigmentation change can occur at any time - and become permanent. Obviously, that may not be what it actually is - so it is trying to come up with an explanation for it! I don't suppose you Guy's (you and your partner) are into rough sex games or masochistic stuff?

You could have a skin condition developing: this is of course a potential explanation, particularly if you have a skin condition such as psoriasis and suchlike elsewhere on the body.

If non of these suggestions 'fit' or make sense, I think what I would perhaps do is try yo even-out the impact of what you have here - and of course, only use a healthy option. If this was me I would try a light application of liquid Coconut Oil 2 or 3 times a week - particularly after you have taken a shower.

Other than that, I would keep a close eye on it to see if anything else develops .....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.