Shocked and Stunned.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya Lassies,

Well, I popped into Kirsty`s today ....and she had made me a lovely lunch. Beautiful FREE soup(Scottish Slimmers), and a lovely pitta bread sandwich with salad and weight watchers tuna.

She started showing me her old Scottish Slimmers stuff.....u know the wee check book etc.

Sooooooooo, to cut a long story short....here I am, being good, eating my low fat diet and not deviating atttttt alllllllllllllllll, BUT according to that book....Im eating enough calories for all of us.... :lol: :lol: Im gutted by the way!!!

Anyhoo....Im round the road (home ) with all her wee books and off to asda later with OH, wee book in hand.. :roll:

Keep The Faith!!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey Skye,

So how many calories are you eating then that the book says is to many????That is a bit of a confusin issue dont you think??We know bout fat but not calories....

• Posted

Hey Skye,

Yeah come on spill the beans :!: And no scooping 'em back up off the floor(only if they've got sausages in 'em!).

When I went on the xenical website it said @ 1600 cals a day.

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

Hi Guys

1500 - 1600 cals a day is about right, but I have noticed that quite a lot of 'low fat' food has lots of calories..... Skye was having say a packet of low fat noodles with her dinner which equated to nearly 350 cals, 3 Muller light yoghurts over the day at 100 cals each, if you add all these up thats over a 1/3rd of your daily calories!! Much better to fill up with fruit & veg and have the odd treat if you want.

I have decided to make lots of 'free' soup which fills you up much better pm me if anyone wants some recipes

K :lol:

• Posted

Hi Skye

I have noticed that I am able to keep calories and fat from food under control but hey when it comes to those extras in wine I'm a born loser!!!!

Am trying hard not to drink on schools nights but I',m a teacher on holiday so not much chance for a couple more weeks!!! :twisted:

Keeping the faith

Happy days

Laups

• Posted

In all honesty, I must have been eating at least 500 upwards (but no more than 2500 calories).

Wasn`t til Kirsty worked it all out in her wee book.... :shock:

I was eating all low fat, and fruits etc, but when u add the calories up....its far too much - if u want to loose weight that is.... :lol:

Today is a new day!!!! :D

• Posted

yep the map programme book warns you of that and shows you what to look out for on the label. I suppose the people who have been on diets on and off for alot of years know the kind of food to eat its just been able to alter it to make good menus to stop ya getting bored. I had a take away at the weekend but i looked for the meal that would be best out of what was available and i got spicy chicken with boiled rice it was lovely it would normally have been house special curry with half a portion of fried rice and half portion of chips. I must admi i am ready for some dreaded choc and pizza starting to look good. sad
  • Posted

I have been soooooooo very bad over the last few days!!! :evil:

My boyfs ex-farther in law took us out with his grandchildren on sat night to an absolutley amazing italian resturant in mancheshter, I had chicken and bacon risotto, now on its own that doesn't sound to bad but put that with the creamy garlic sauce, garlic bread and 2!!!!!yes 2!!!!!!!! enourmous glasses of red wine it sounds really naughty :oops:

I just couldn't resist and for the last few days I have had some really nasty o/oil incidents :!:

I have had a few other bad days as well recetly but I am trying to get back on the wagon! I guess it's cos I haven't lost anything for a quite a while and am feeling a bit depressed.

Any way got to keep going.

Chin up eveyone!!!

• Posted

That's the way to think about it Ales1,

You're the only person who can decide to get back on the train to Shrinksville :!:

But don't forget, we're all still here to support you honey :!:

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

Aw Ales1.........that sounds [b:891c6663b3]delicious[/b:891c6663b3] :lol: Never mind, a wee blow out is good for the soul now and again.......maybe not so good for yer bahookie though :lol: Just you get right back on it, we're all behind you! (well maybe just to the side a bit :!: )

Kirsty :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.