Shocked! It was the Amlodipine causing gastric discomfort, etc.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on amlodipine for over 10 years. I'm very heath conscious so exercising has always been a daily part of my routine. When I first stated taking  amlodipine my ankles became swollen but because I was so active the swelling went away and did not return. As many users have mentioned, the side effects slowly take over so I did not realize that the pain under my left breast was radiating from near my stomach. Other symptoms I've experienced are, knotting in my lower and upper intestine, burning in stomach, neck/shoulder pain, burning in left arm, and in center of chest.  In fact, the pain cause my doctor to think it was my heart so I had a heart cath but there was no problem with my heart. I'm so thankful for this site because I have decided to stop taking the amlodipine (approximately 4 days ago) and now I feel so much better. Most of the symptoms have subsided. I'm taking Perfusia-sr which is supplement I have taken in the past. It's working so far but I'm considering asking my doctor about prescribing Lisinopril. Is there anyone who knows of any major side effects of Lisinopril?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I believe it's about 10% develop a bad cough like I did and I had to quit.  Other than that it worked fine for me.

• Posted

Thank you. My doctor prescribed today with the lowest mgs and mentioned the dry cough. I'm trying to make lifestyle changes hoping one day to get off all of the BP meds. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.