shoe

Posted , 6 users are following.

ne to Gout. 21 days in. its worse in the am just after i arise. what is everybody wearing for shoes. I need somthing i can wear in a office. Ive been wearing crocks. but bosses dont like it.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm on a rig, needs must so internal it is Crocs and external boots 2 sizes too big to give plenty of room

Try shoes a size up or get some wide fitting

• Posted

Very sensible practical solution.

When mine was bad I used to wear mountain boots with stiff sole so no need to flex the joint.

• Posted

What you need is colchicine to bring the swelling down - to stop the attack by your immune system.

Low tech solution: ice pack or hot water or alternate. You have to find which works for you. Keeping your foot high as possible could help.

As for your boss - explain that it's either accept you in crocs or accept a sick note. Unless you are client facing or health n safety reasons, they would be foolish not to let you wear crocs.

• Posted

All my swelling has been gone a week, no redness etc however still limping with pain in my foot arch

I was at work on 200 Allopurinol colchicine and co-codomol for the pain but I upped the allopurinol to 300 as felt it wasn't working and was at risk of going back on the sick, I'm just wondering why I still have the pain in the arch... any ideas

• Posted

Then you need water. You need to *urinate* (not drink) at least 2 liters per day, preferably 3 liters a day. Main side effect is spending a lot of time in the loo.
    • Posted

Allopurinol for a period will cause gout attacks as I'm sure you know. The pain in the arch could be just inflammation settling down. Alternatively-- are you overweight?

• Posted

Yes about 30 kilos over. I'm drinking 3 liters aday but on 3 diuretics with a bad heart

• Posted

It's hard, but long term a lot of your problems would improve with 30 kg less.

• Posted

Not overweight no but at the minute on my feet about 10 hours a day up and down stairs and ladders on the rig prob just needs a decent rest then

Cheers

• Posted

Because usually when it's in the arch it's either plantar fasciitis or heel spur. Consider seeing a podiatrist who may recommend a cortisone shot. I've had this too so I know how painful it can be. However, don't get suckered into buying custom made orthotics, just buy the solid orthotics and insert them in every pair of shoes you wear. Podiatrist usually sell them or online. Make sure they have an arch too.

• Posted

Feeling your pain Jeff ....this is longest attack I have had 3 weeks in knee and still limping though not as sore

Finished Colchicine two weeks ago and didn't clear this time ...

Gonna ask to go on Daily meds when clears ..doc reckons it could attacks worsen by hypertension that I have

It's enough to drive anyone to drink 😊

• Posted

Hypertension meds will cause gout.

If colchecine didn't work - get some more.

• Posted

I have some woollen slippers that are good from a shop called "Inspired Earth". If I go out I just put plastic bags over them and tie then around my calves. Any kind of shoe I find impossible. Not sure what the boss would say about it though?

• Posted

What about clogs?

As I said I find walking boots with a stiff immovable sole perfect.

• Posted

In a bad attack I find anything stiff and immovable impossible, I have some slip-on clogs. Around the house I tend to just wear the woollen slippers without socks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.