Shoe laces post Total Hip Replacement

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can any one advise on the best elastic shoe laces e.g. for trainers- to use after THR. Most seem to have a slider for which you still have to bend down to tighten or is it best to sew in ordinary elastic? I have tried to get trainers with velcro cloing but its impossible in my size. (UK 9.5AA)

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jomary.  There are a number of these offered on sites like Amazon.  Best bet is to put them in the shoe and tighten them before putting your foot into the shoe.  The elastic lace then sort of converts the shoe to slip ons and you dont have to bend and fiddle with the lace once it's on the foot.

• Posted

Thanks - I had seen these and hoped someone might have experience of the best type. Certainly the ones with sliders seem to need re-tightening after you have put them on unless I am mis-judging them.
    • Posted

you're probably right about the sliders.  Ones that just tie in a traditional bow would probably be better I guess.   Hope you find something that suits.  I've swapped to slip on shoes only but slip on trainers are hard to find and often as you pointed out come with velcro which you still have to bend to fix. 

• Posted

Hi,

I found elastic laces on amazon called goodbye tie.They are elastics in various colours which replace your laces.No tying involved.I just grab the tongue with my grabber and pull them o

Janet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.