shoes after ankle fusion

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well after several trials, with Ryn, Finnmatic, and New Balance, and Bow by Clarks, I bought all four and tried hard to wear each, the clear winner is New Balance MW 928. They all have different  merits and will suit some better than others, But, the NB ones are remarkable, they absolutely transformed my walking quickly. They have a roll bar technology which really stabilises the foot, but also makes it absurdly easy to stride out and 'roll' on the foot, but in a safe and stable way. They are, by the way, the ugliest of the shoes, but comfortable too, like walking on air. The ryn shoes are a much more aggressive sole, very stylish, but unstable too. Only the young and nimble would be happy with them in my opinion. The Finnmatic Cambridge are a beautiful shoe and very well made, probably better than the NB, but seem less stable and somehow less natural a way to walk. I love bow Clarks, great sandal, but nowhere as good as the NB for walking.

?  NB are an American shoe, more choice for women than men, I am a man, But extraordinary shoes in my opinion for walking after a fusion, the stability and gait produced are excellent. Well worth trying. Today I walking right around town, all around a large area waiting for my car. No pain easy walking and striding. Absolute comfort and total stability.

?I got the idea for the above by reading loads of forums, using google translate and arriving at three of the four that way, I already loved Bow. Still wear them around the house, but the NB really, really have transformed the distance I can walk and the ease of walking. I walked fairly well before, but nothing like today and it was all down to the shoes.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Steve

Thanks for the shoe information. I rang up my local UK NB stockist but they could not find the 928 shoe in their lists. Are you perhaps in the US?

Cheers Richard

• Posted

I bought them off a well known online auction site and got them from America. I am in the UK, but had read so much about the merits of the shoe for ankle problems set out to find some, before that I bought from a 'genuine' NB site. It wasn't, and got sent a pair of Air Jordans...fake. But that well known auction site usually has some US sellers who will post. Make sure you look for refunds, stores address and all the small print on any online NB stores. The fakes don't usually bother with that, and site set up date is usually 2017. You probably know all this but might help someone else avoid Fake Air Jordans after ankle fusion. Really cant stress how good I find the NBs.

• Posted

Thanks Steve.  I see from reading the reviews that NB have altered the 928 and it is thought by some to be not as good as it was.  I wonder when did you buy yours?

Cheers, Richard

• Posted

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for this info.

I am 4mos. in from an ORIF broken fibula, dislocated ankle and torn ligaments so am just getting started trying to wear a shoe.  The only thing I can even remotely jam my swollen fit into is a sketcher, but they really provide no support and are a summer shoe and we have just had our first bit of snow in ontario, canada, so these will not be appropriate for the changing weather.

I will look into trying these shoes and anything else I find that just might accommodate my swollen, sore foot.

Cheers to you and your recovery!

Deb

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.