Shoes after ORIF ankle surgery.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I fractured my fibula and ankle in three places two months ago after twisting my ankle on a curb..(who knew 😕). Had ORIF surgery six weeks ago today and due to get my cast off on Monday. I was NWB 2 weeks then TWB ever since . My question is does anyone know if I will be able to wear shoes as soon as my cast comes off or do I get a different dressing on e.g. a bandage. I have no idea what will happen Monday whether or not to take shoes with me and if I do need to which type. I tend to live in uggs and know this isn't going to be an option now as they have no support. So guess what I'm asking is will I need to take shoes to the appointment and if so which are the best shoes to wear post ORIF surgery.

Thank you

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi.

I don't know the answer because I had a boot from the 2nd week onwards and once I was cleared to start weight bearing at 6 weeks, they just sent me home in the boot and said to slowly transition out of it.

There is another forum here just for ankle injuries/problems. There are a lot of people on it who had casts for the 6 weeks not a boot who might have an idea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.