Shoes for PF and high arch

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all,

I would like to know what shoes you guys recommend.

PF on my right foot. As well as high arch. I mostly wear classic crocs bc I find them least annoying for my feet (although the pain is pretty much the same).

Looking for all around sneakers that I can wear everyday for walks, work etc..

I read that the "Asics gel nimbus 18" are a good choice. What do you think? I'm looking for support first (for the heel of course but also for high arch support).

Perhaps insoles are better option? I'm not entirely sure.

I saw a few articles recommending "Tread-labs Stride Men's High" insoles. Any thoughts on that?

Cheers,

- Chris

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris,

Just make sure that your shoe has good arch support.  Believe me, it is no fun having PF. I have it in both feet. I found that massage can help a lot.

Good luck and hope your foot feels better very soon

Take care,  Aimee

• Posted

Shoe arch supports for PF can be used in some shoes. Get 3-4 pairs of arch supports online not gel type they have no support . Purchase the hard plastic inserts one piece with metatarsal PA's and soft heel pad inserts bothe interchangeable to fit the foot of the individual.

I have several pairs of these arch inserts really changed the way I walk. And has completely lost the PF pain even with Spurs on my heels. It takes time to find a good fit. Once you find what works for you, its heavens clouds to walk on & no more feet pain. I suffered for years tried podiatrist custom arches and drug store types no good at all never helped and customs are expensive and only get one pair . I found the arches online cheap and practical and they work to balance the foot eliminate PF pain. Been using them for 8 years now. 

So the question is what shoes fit my arch inserts. There is the answer to the shoe question. Take the shoe inserts out that come with the shoes and replace with arch supports if they fit then there's the shoe that works. It's more important to have the arch support than the style of shoe. It will be worth it when a few months down the road PF pain is a thought in the past. 

Also for in home use I put the thick rubber cushion small rugs to stand on while cooking. 2'x4' each. I put one in front of the sink,one in front of stove and the other across from stove. 

Last last thing once I found what works for arches and shoes I never walk bare foot anywhere . If I do I pay. That's just my feet. Alrighty then...hope you find a comfy arch insert will help eliminate PF.

Good Luck

• Posted

"Get 3-4 pairs of arch supports online not gel type they have no support . Purchase the hard plastic inserts one piece with metatarsal PA's and soft heel pad inserts bothe interchangeable to fit the foot of the individual."

Any specific recommendations that I can start experiment with?

I've looked online for high arch/met insoles.. and it's an ocean of possibilities to choose from.

Thank you

• Posted

Can't give the link on this post against the rule but can pm the info to you the type of arches. 

• Posted

can you tell me too( the original Chris on here,)if I give you my email? Is that allowed?
    • Posted

On line see ....walk fit ....one word with the dot com....then google. Has all the info and I have used thes for years . 

• Posted

Hi Chris,

Insoles provide benefits that can make standing, walking, and running more comfortable and efficient and provides pain relief from a variety of foot and leg pain. Insoles are always a good option. I would recommend Shapecrunch's custom insoles which are made to suit your individual foot pronation and biomechanic needs. It's custom made so it fits perfectly with everybody. I'm using this product for 3 months and  I'm feeling pretty good.

• Posted

Hi Chris - I also have very high arches and tend to get PF more often in my right foot.

Like you I wear Crocs mainly indoors but outdoor walking shoes are quite subjective to the shape of the foot.

I find a supportive shoe best and for the past few months (PF free) have been wearing Saucony Trail Walking Trainers with an additional gel heel pad. The heels/soles are well sprung and as a walking trainer give better overall support.

I have tried Hoka One One, Karrimor Duma, and Nike Downshiter, and while they are all very comfortable with lots of padding in the soles and heels, are best for shorter periods of wear and not longer distances.

Hope this helps...

• Posted

Thank you.

What heel pad/insoles are you using with your Saucony shoes?

• Posted

I bought the gel inserts on Ebay and don't really know the make. They are small heel inserts about 1/4" thick and work well with the already cushioned heel of the shoe.

• Posted

I went to a podiatrist for diagnosis and orthotic insoles to fit MY foot...not sure one off the internet would be as good? And I see a physiotherapist regularily and she is teaching me how to deal with PF 
  • Posted

Hi Chris,

Not sure if I have responded to you yet.  But, you might want to just do a google search... shoes for PF.  I did that before and found a very good shoe to wear.

Hope that helps you.. Aimee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.